AppCensus provides products and services that examine mobile app behaviors at scale. We assist enterprise customers with their privacy compliance efforts, while also assisting watchdog groups, journalists, and regulators in identifying problematic apps and services. Our tools allow us to step inside the otherwise opaque mobile app ecosystem, with a distributed, multinational,
and automated app testing platform aimed specifically at privacy.
To advance the depth of insight we already have, and the scale and pace at which we operate,
AppCensus is looking for someone to be the architect of the next generation of our platform, and the operational steward of the passionate team that builds and maintains it. They will be responsible for ensuring that AppCensus’ development team has the automated systems it needs to continually and rapidly build, test, deploy, and analyze its platform.
- Improve and maintain AppCensus’ continuous deployment pipelines across various
projects, products, and services
- Ensure operational status of AppCensus’ infrastructure by developing automated
monitoring and recovery capabilities
- Work closely with the dev team to establish workflows in project management software
- Managing the development and deployment processes for features and releases and
ensuring adequate test coverage
- Establish systems for storing and managing large and varied data sets
- Experience designing and implementing CI/CD pipelines
- Multiple years of experience managing AWS deployments (specifically EC2, ECS,
Cognito, Lambda, S3, CloudWatch, DynamoDB, and Athena)
- Experience with Docker, Docker Compose, and Docker Registry (e.g., Amazon ECR)
- Comfort with Linux, Bash, networking and sysadmin tools, etc.
- Experience with Android and iOS development and release pipelines
- Experience with GitLab administration and CI functions
- Experience with Bitbucket pipelines and JIRA integration
- Experience with ADB, iOS usbmuxd, and libimobiledevice is a plus
- EU timezone preferable, but anywhere in the Americas or Western Asia are possible
(position is remote)